Over the past few months there has been a significant increase in the number of seniors who have taken up gambling as a new form of entertainment. Through this exposure a larger percentage then expected have become addicted to gambling.
The local gambling establishments are to blame for the sudden rise in seniors with a compulsive gambling addiction.
The gambling establishments have created various incentive programs and innovative advertising gimmicks to lure them into a dark world. The end result is a senior with a self destructive behavior pattern and low self esteem.
In the last week alone I have received numerous emails from seniors who lost all their financial resources due to their compulsive gambling addiction. They do not know how this happened to them and now are ashamed of their behavior. A majority of these seniors still have not told their children and or friends about their problem gambling.
One of the emails expressed concern that the gambling establishments were victimizing retired individuals with the following incentives:
– Tired of staying at home with nothing to do, come down and visit us we will make you feel at home.
– Free live entertainment awaits you.
– Buffets and exotic restaurants
– Make new friends
– Not only will we pay for the transportation with coupon vouchers, we will also throw in free lunch at our buffet. You are getting a full day of entertainment and we will feed you too.
– You can earn points while you play which you can spend at one of our many unique gift shops.
– Bring the enclosed encrypted coded card for you to scan to see if you are the grand prize winner. Remember there are other prizes you can win too with this coded card. All you need to do is swipe it. The coded card is good for the month of May. บาคาร่า
– Earn enough points and you can stay for free in one of our luxury VIP hotel rooms.
– ATM machines, cash advances and line of credits are available
– If you need anything while you are visiting us, just ask for one of our many hosts. We have hosts available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to make your visit a most enjoyable one.
We are living in a new world we’re gambling is playing a major role. It’s time for people to take control and educate themselves.
There are alternative programs available for senior citizens. Once you know you or someone you know has a problem with gambling it’s imperative to get help before they lose all their assets and their sanity.
Mr. Howard Keith has an extensive background in dealing with compulsive gamblers, relatives and friends of gamblers and teenage gamblers. Mr. Keith believes there are many alternatives to aid in the recovery of a gambling addiction verses a twelve step program. A large percentage of his emails were from compulsive gamblers looking for an alternative to Gamblers Anonymous and twelve step programs. Gamblers Anonymous also helps a significant number of people each year but there is a large percentage that they are unable to reach.